Bear in mind that some of the links on this website are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase we will earn a commission at no extra cost to you but helps support our website. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases.
This post was most recently updated on May 25th, 2020
Daily disposable contact lenses have gotten increasingly popular over the last few years. More eye care professionals are recommending them more as they are much healthier to use since you get a fresh contact lens every day, and is great for anyone that has a hard time taking care of bi-weekly or monthly contact lenses.
The idea of having a brand new contact lens every day sounds great, but it sounds expensive. How expensive? Take a look at the graph below for the annual cost of wearing Dailies contact lenses. The data is gathered using the cost of the contact lenses at our local Walmart Vision Center.
Dailies Contact Lenses Online
If you are in a rush and want to know where you can get the best prices, the best place for Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus and Dailies Total 1 Multifocal is over at Frames Direct, the best place for Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Toric and Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Multifocal is over at EZContacts, and the best place for Dailies Total 1 and Focus Dailies is over at Lens.com.
As you can see using Dailies disposable contact lenses can be quite costly over the course of a year depending on which type of Dailies lenses you are wearing. Multifocal contact lenses tend to be more expensive already, but as daily contact lenses it is even more costly. We know that the cost is the most important factor to many people when it comes to contact lenses, so we have looked through dozens of online contact lenses retailers and below you will find a list of the best places to buy your Dailies contact lenses at depending on which one you wear. For the review we only looked at the 90pks of Dailies, the 30pks are extremely expensive for what you are getting and you should only get those in emergencies.
1. Frames Direct | Best for Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus & Dailies Total 1 Multifocal
Frames Direct is a highly competitive Texas-based online prescription eyewear retailer. For many of the contact lens brands that we have taken a look at so far, Frames Direct seems to always have the best price on at least one of the contacts. They had the best prices for two of the six Dailies contact lenses that we took a look at, having the best price for the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus, as well as the Dailies Total 1 Multifocal. For the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Frames Direct had the best price by a slim margin, but for the Dailies Total 1 Multifocal the next best price was over $20 more.
Frames Direct had the cheapest price for the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus at $47.99 a box, and the Dailies Total 1 Multifocal at $99.95 a box.
2. EZContacts | Best for Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Torics & Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Multifocal
EZContacts is a newer New York-based company that has one of the best if not the best price match guarantee out of any other online retailer out there if you find a competitor that has a better price EZContacts will price match it, AND beat the price by 5%. There is no other retailer that offers anything close to that. As far as the Dailies contact lenses, EZContacts had the best price for two out of the six we took a look at. They had the best price for the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Toric, as well as the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Multifocals, both of them were not by huge margins. They also had the 2nd best price for three out of the remaining four that we looked at.
EZContacts had the cheapest price for the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Torics at $71.95 a box, as well as the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Multifocal at $78.95 a box.
3. Lens.com | Best for Dailies Total 1 & Focus Dailies
Lens.com is another huge Missouri-based contact lens retailer that specializes in FDA approved cosmetic colored contact lenses, but they also have a huge selection of regular prescription contact lenses as well. As far as Dailies contact lenses, they had the best price for the Dailies Total 1 by about $5, but for the Focus Dailies the next best price was by EZContacts and it was nearly $15 higher.
Lens.com had the cheapest price for Dailies Total 1 at $77.99 a box, as well as the Focus Dailies at $35.99 a box.
- Lens Direct – Lens Direct wasn’t too far behind on having the best prices for Dailies, but one thing about Lens Direct is that they have a subscription program in which you can save money on each box if you sign up for auto-refill. The auto-refill brings down the prices of each box by 5%.
Most Expensive Retailers for Dailies Contacts
- Coastal – Coastal had two of the most expensive prices for Dailies contact lenses. They normally have fairly good prices for contact lenses, but during our review, we found that they were the most expensive for the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Toric, as well as the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus multifocal being nearly $15 higher than the cheapest price on both of those. Coastal often runs promotions, so be sure to peek in to check their current prices or if they have any current deals.
- Walgreens – Walgreens tends to find themselves on this list of the most expensive place to buy any brand contact lenses. For the Dailies they tied for most expensive for the Dailies Total 1 contact lenses, coming in over $20 higher than the cheapest price. The one thing about Walgreens is that they often times have promotions such as 20% off, which would substantially reduce the prices so they would be a good place to just peek in to check for promotions. See what their current promotion is here!
- Eyeconic – Eyeconic is another online retailer that always find themselves on the most expensive list. For Dailies contacts, they ended up having the most expensive price for two out of the six that we looked at, and tied for most expensive for one. Eyeconic was the most expensive for the Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus being about $20 more expensive, and the Dailies Total 1 Multifocal in which they were over $30 more expensive than the cheapest price. Lastly, they were tied for the most expensive for the Dailies Total 1. Eyeconic, however, is VSP Vision Care’s official online optical retail website, therefore if you have vision insurance benefits with VSP, Cigna Vision, or MetLife you are able to directly apply your benefits to your order which would be less money out of pocket for you. Eyeconic is the only in-network site for buying eyewear with VSP & MetLife Insurance. Shop with your insurance benefits applied.
Benefits of Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
Even though daily disposable contact lenses generally will cost you more than if you were to just wear bi-weekly or monthly contact lenses, but there are many benefits of wearing daily disposable contact lenses let’s take a look at some.
- Convenience – The biggest reason for using daily disposable contact lenses is the convenience. You never have to worry about running out of solution or having a case to put your contact lenses in. You just use them and throw them away the same day.
- Comfort – Daily contact lenses generally feel much more comfortable in your eyes than bi-weekly or monthly contact lenses. The reason for this is the lenses aren’t really designed to have to last two weeks or a month, so the lenses are generally thinner. Thinner lenses mean you are less likely to feel the contacts in your eyes.
- No Storing Contacts – The wonderful thing about using daily disposable contact lenses is the fact that you never have to worry about having a case to store your contact lenses in at the end of the night.
- Less Chance of Solution-Related Problem – Since you are not using solution, for the most part, there is a lesser chance of having a solution related problems such as an allergic reaction to the solution, or incompatibility with the lenses that you are wearing.
- Great for Younger Contact Lens Wearers – Parents that have teenagers using contact lenses could benefit from using daily disposable contact lenses. Teenagers have a higher chance of mishandling their contact lenses during the cleaning and storage process, which could lead to an unwanted eye infection. Having them use daily disposable contact lenses would reduce the chance of them getting an eye infection.
- Fresh Lens Every Day – Anyone who currently wears contact lenses understands how great it feels when you put a brand new contact lens into your eyes. If you are using daily disposable contacts, you get a fresh new contact lens every single day.
- Less Chance of Eye Infection – Having new contact lenses every single day drastically reduces the chances that you would get an eye infection from improper care or handling of your contact lenses. You still should be handling your contact lenses properly and making sure you wash your hands before you handle your contact lenses.
- Healthier for Your Eyes – The more often your contact lenses get changed out the better it is for your eyes. Your tears naturally have protein, calcium, and lipids which could build up on bi-weekly and monthly contact lenses which could lead to an eye infection.
Take a look at this video from Ciba Vision about the benefits of wearing Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus lenses.
Disadvantages of Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
The main disadvantage of disposable contact lenses is the cost, generally speaking, daily contact lenses are usually about double the cost of bi-weekly or monthly contact lenses.
Other than the cost, environment-conscious individuals might find the waste that is being created by disposable products as a growing problem that should be addressed. These contact lenses are so small that it is nearly impossible for most recycling facilities to process, the packaging that the contact lenses come in could pose a problem as well. The silicone hydrogel that many contact lenses are made of, as well as the packaging that it comes in like most plastics, are not biodegradable.
If you have never tried Dailies line up of daily disposable contact lenses and you are interested in trying them on, we definitely recommend talking to your eye care practitioner next time you go in for your eye exam. Only your eye doctor will be able to tell you if you are able to wear that brand of contact lenses or not. Ultimately it depends on your prescription, not all prescriptions work with all brands of contact lenses.
Do you wear Dailies contact lenses? Is there a better price? Let us know below!
Thank you all for stopping by Eye Health Headquarters, if you have any questions or comments on the article feel free to leave it in the comment box below and we will get back to you.
RELATED ARTICLES FROM EYE HEALTH HQ:
- Best Place to Buy Cheap Freshlook Colorblend Contact Lenses
- Best Place to Order Biofinity Contacts Online
- Best Place to Buy Acuvue Contacts Online
6 thoughts on “Best Place to Buy Dailies Contact Lenses 2018 – Money Saving Guide”
I don’t wear contacts, but my son does. Right now we get the contacts that last about a week each. I like the idea of dailies for him because of his work. So it really would be more of a health type issue for him. He works in a Flowrider, which is a simulated surfing machine. After a day of work, his eyes are burning and red. His contacts don’t feel well because of the chlorine that he gets in his eyes. So I really love the idea of the dailies and I think he will benefit greatly. I am going to take a look at all the links. I do have one question. Will he need to get a new prescription for contacts, or does he just type in his current prescription strength to order them?
Hi there, thank you for stopping by!
So first thing is first, I definitely do not recommend wearing contact lenses if your son is working in an environment that has water. If he must wear his contact lenses than he should have some sort of goggles so that the water doesn’t get into his eyes. Wearing contact lenses in any environment where there is water whether it is the lake or in a pool could potentially lead to very serious infections. Any bacteria that could be present in the water could get trapped in contact lenses.
As far as him switching to daily contact lenses, he wouldn’t necessarily have to get a new prescription, but he would have to talk to his eye doctor’s office first to see if there is a daily contacts brand that is compatible with his prescription. Hopefully that answers your question.
It does seem like there are a lot of benefits to daily disposable contact lenses. It is very convenient to have a fresh lens everyday especially for teenagers as you mentioned.It is good that there is less chance of infection. It is expensive but you pay for the convieniance of not having to take care of them and just use a new one everyday.
Hi Shy, there are many benefits to wearing daily contact lenses. My favorite thing about using them was the fresh lens everyday, and not having to worry about storing them. You truly do pay for convience.
I wear contact lenses on occasion, and I always hated having to use the solution and storing my contact lenses at the end of the day. I get mine from my eye doctor’s office. Dailies are perfect for people like me because of the fact we don’t wear them every day. We can throw the dailies away after use and skip storing them. Pricing is a problem, though. It will get expensive real quick for those who wear contacts more often.
I was surprised about Walgreens being ranked up there in their contacts being expensive! I never would have realized that, so thank you for mentioning it.
Hi Mandy, it is definitely pricey if you wear contacts everyday, but for the occasional going out you can make a box of dailies last quite a while.