Bear in mind that some of the links on this website are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase we will earn a commission at no extra cost to you but helps support our website. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases.
Anyone that wears contact lenses full time knows that it can get quite expensive in the long run. Even though It might seem like it is the more inexpensive option at first, but the fact that you constantly have to purchase them brings the cost over the course of a year or two, to an amount much higher than if you just purchased a pair of glasses. How much more expensive than your glasses will depend on the brand of contacts you are wearing, and what kind of contact lenses you needed.
Table of Contents
Buy Acuvue Contacts Online
Acuvue, a brand by Johnson and Johnson Vision is one of the leading contact lenses brands in the market today with over 40% of the market share. Their portfolio of contact lenses includes bi-weekly, monthly, dailies, and toric contact lenses. Below you will see a graph of the annual cost for various different Acuvue branded contacts. The data is based on the prices of contacts at our local Walmart Vision Center at retail price with no rebates.
As you can see the cost of wearing Acuvue contact lenses can be drastically different depending on what your prescription is and which type of lenses you are wearing.
Here at Eye Health HQ we understand how important it is to be able to save money, so we spent hours looking through various different online contact lens retailers, looking at four of Acuvue’s top brands, Oasys, Vita, 1-Day Moist 90pk, and Oasys for Astigmatism in search of the best place to buy Acuvue Contacts online.
1. Best Overall | Frames Direct
Frames Direct is a Texas-based company that was founded in 1996 by two optometrist who sold their practices in Houston, Texas where they operated for nearly 20 years. Essilor, a French lens manufacturer currently holds a majority stake in the company.
Don’t let the name fool you though, they have the best prices up and down. The only downside is that they don’t carry a 6pk of Acuvue Oasys. They have the best prices in every single one of the four brands that we took a look at. You get a $20 dollar credit towards your next eyewear purchase when you purchase contact lenses at Frames Direct.
Here are the prices we found at Frames Direct:
- Acuvue Oasys – 12pk $51.99
- Acuvue Vita – $39.99
- Acuvue 1-Day Moist 90pk – $53.99
- Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism – $29.99
2. Runner-up | Lens Direct
Lens Direct is a New York-based online retailer that was founded in 1992. They were originally started as a contact lens mail order company and evolved into one of the leading providers for contact lenses on the market today.
Out of all the websites that we looked at Lens Direct took the number 2 spot due to them having a 6pk of Acuvue Oasys available to purchase, as well as having the next best price on the 12pk Oasys as well as the Vita. The 1-Day Moist and Oasys Torics were slightly more expensive than AC Lens, BUT Lens Direct has an AutoRefill service which would bring the prices down below AC Lens. They also provide free shipping over $49.
Here are the prices we found at Lens Direct:
- Acuvue Oasys – 6pk $27.94 | 12pk $55.11
- Acuvue Vita – $43.56
- Acuvue 1-Day Moist 90pk – $56.60
- Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism – $32.55
3. AC Lens
AC Lens is a private company and was founded in 1995 by Dr. Peter Clarkson. Dr. Clarkson saw that the new internet platform could potentially be a great marketplace for contact lenses He created his website, and within hours he had his first order, and the rest is history.
AC lens is our 3rd pick due to them having the 3rd best price for all four of the brands that we looked at. The major downside to AC Lens is the unavailability of the 6pk which does put them at a disadvantage against the others on this list. However, their prices are great for the other three brands.
Here are the prices we found at AC Lens:
- Acuvue Oasys – $55.99
- Acuvue Vita – $43.99
- Acuvue 1-Day Moist 90pk – $53.99
- Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism – $31.99
4. Best Price Match Guarantee | EZContacts
EZContacts is fairly competitive when it comes to Acuvue contact lenses, they offer the 6pk Oasys lenses at a great price, and they have the next best price for the 12pk Oasys lenses as well as the Vita. Their prices for the 1-Day Moist and Oasys for Astigmatism is very reasonable as well. The icing on the top for EZContact is their price match guarantee, where they offer to beat competitor’s prices by 5%
Here are the prices we found at EZContacts.
- Acuvue Oasys – 6pk $26.95 | 12pk $52.95
- Acuvue Vita – $42.96
- Acuvue 1-Day Moist 90pk – $55.95
- Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism – $35.95
Coastal didn’t do too bad overall, but with the competition so stiff they landed in 5th. Out of the four brands that we looked at if you count the 6pk than Coastal beats out AC Lens for the Oasys, but they are more expensive in the other three, even though they are only a penny more expensive on the Acuvue Vitas.
Here are the prices we found at Coastal:
- Acuvue Oasys – 6pk $25 | 12pk $58.20
- Acuvue Vita – $44
- Acuvue 1-Day Moist 90pk – $65
- Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism – $42
Lens.com is a United States-based online contact lens retailer that was founded in 1995. They are actually the only place on the internet currently that you can find cosmetic colored contact lenses that are FDA approved.
Out of all the websites that we looked at Lens.com came in 6th, because their shipping cost was higher than AC Lens and Coastal. Their prices weren’t too bad if you consider that they also carry a 6pk of Acuvue Oasys, and they have the best price for the 6pk. With the other three brands, Lens.com didn’t have the best price for any of them while having the most expensive price on 2 brands and tied for most expensive on 1.
Here are the prices we found at Lens.com
- Acuvue Oasys – 6pk $17.99 | 12pk $59.99
- Acuvue Vita – $47.99
- Acuvue 1-Day Moist 90pk – $65
- Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism – $36.99
Other Places We Looked At
- SmartBuyGlasses – SmartBuyGlasses actually has pretty good prices on their contact lenses, but they do not carry the Acuvue Vita, which automatically disqualified them in our research. The interesting thing about SmartBuyGlasses is that they have a 54 Pack of Acuvue Oasys and it is a great price. Their Oasys for Astigmatism and 1-Day moist lenses are priced very reasonably as well. They actually have the best price for 12pk of Acuvue Oasys as well.
- 1800Contacts – Even though 1800Contacts is one of the biggest names when you are looking at online contact lens retailers, but their prices are honestly extremely expensive overall when compared to other retailers. They do however have a price match guarantee, and will even beat out the competitor’s price by 2%.
- Walmart Contacts – It amazes me that on the top left-hand corner of their website they display that their contacts are supplied by Arlington Lens Supply. Which is AC Lens but somehow their prices are nowhere close to that of AC Lens. Walmart Contacts does offer a price match guarantee and will match authorized retailers.
- Walgreens– Walgreens at times runs promotions and you might be able to get a great deal on your contact lenses. Without promotions though, the prices for Acuvue contacts at Walgreens is on the higher side.
- Eyeconic – Eyeconic had the most expensive prices all across all four of the brands that we took at look at. The one good thing about Eyeconic is that if you have VSP, MetLife or Cigna Vision you are able to directly apply your benefits to your order. Which means even though they are more expensive you wouldn’t be paying that much because your vision insurance would’ve covered a part of it. This is VSP Vision Care’s official online optical store. Save up to $220 when you use your vision benefits on Eyeconic! FREE shipping & Returns, Price Match Guarantee!
- 39DollarGlasses – We look at look at 39DollarGlasses just to check out the prices because they just recently started carrying contact lenses. Sometimes they run a promotion where you can get a free pair of glasses if you purchase a year supply of contact lenses.
Tips For Buying Contact Lenses Online
The number 1 concern for most people when it comes to contact lenses is the cost. Contact lenses are a constant recurring cost that you have to keep in mind. Here are some tips for when you are buying contact lenses online.
- Look for promotions – Look for promotions, many retailers run different promotions at different times of the year so it is worth looking for the sales.
- Shop around – Just because the contacts were expensive there last time doesn’t mean they are still expensive. Prices change.
- Factor total cost – Don’t forget about the shipping, look for any places that offer free shipping if you order over a certain amount, that would save you for paying for shipping and reduce your total cost.
- Look at the fine print – Some online retailers have deceiving websites that show a cheap price, but you need to purchase over a certain amount to get it for that price.
- Look for rebates – Look for manufacturer rebates, sometimes manufacturers will have mail-in rebates if you buy over a certain amount, this could help you get some money back.
- Buy in Bulk – If you order annual supplies, many times there are instant savings. This is not the case for all of the retailers but some of them do offer deals such as this If you can afford to it would be wise to buy in bulk.
- Check with your doctor – If there is another brand that you see that is less expensive than you might want to try just check back with your doctor that you did your exam with. Your doctor would be the only one that is able to change your brand. Note that it ultimately depends on your prescription and eyes, contact lenses brands come in different power ranges and some cannot accommodate all prescriptions.
- Don’t wait until you are out – Having to order contact lenses with overnight shipping is extremely costly. Keep an eye on how many contacts you have left so you can order more before you are completely out.
- Check all brands – If you wear multiple different brands of contacts, just because one is cheap at one place doesn’t mean the other brand is cheap there too. You can see that in our comparison above.
- Check with your insurance – If you have vision insurance or FSA or HSA cards you can use those to save yourself money on your contact lenses. Many online retailers accept FSA or HSA cards that are affiliated with Visa or MasterCard.
With the cost of contact lenses steadily rising over time, finding an affordable place to purchase them is a high priority. Contact lenses already cost a lot of money to use over time, and many big-box retailers and private doctors offices make huge profits marking up their contact lenses. So, it is definitely important for you to shop around to make sure you are getting the best prices on your contact lenses.
Where do you buy your Acuvue contact lenses? Let me know below! Thank you all for stopping by Eye Health Headquarters. if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to leave them below!
RELATED ARTICLES FROM EYE HEALTH HQ:
- Best Place to Buy Contact Lenses Online
- Order Contacts Online with VSP Insurance
- Cosmetic Halloween Contact Lenses