It is 2018 and you can practically purchase anything online these days. One of those many things is contact lenses. While it isn’t anything new to be able to purchase contact lenses online, it is however fairly new to be able to use your vision insurance benefits while purchasing contacts online.
In my search for better places for everyone to purchase their eyewear on the internet, I stumbled across a fairly newer online eyewear retailer that was run by no other than Vision Service Plan Vision Care health insurance company. This online retailer is called Eyeconic, and on Eyeconic’s website, you are able to order contacts online with VSP insurance.
There are very few online retailers that give you an ability to be able to use your vision insurance online, the only other one which comes to mind is Warby Parker, but they only sell glasses and not contact lenses.
How does it work?
Well, it is actually quite simple, when you are on Eyeconic’s home page right on the bottom there is a button that says “Connect Your Benefits”. Clicking that button will take you to a page where you are able to select if you have VSP, MetLife, or Cigna Vision.
After you select the vision plan that you have, you can click “Connect Now” and a new screen will pop up where you can fill in your information so the system can look up your benefits.
After you enter in your information, the system will look up your policy and whatever your benefits are on your policy will be automatically applied when you go to check out for your contact lenses. Simple right? Eyeconic has designed a pain-free & simple way for you to apply your VSP benefits to your contact lens order on the internet.
You no longer have to worry about having enough money to pay it up front, request the invoice from the retailer, and submit it to your insurance for reimbursement.
Ready to use your VSP benefits? Click here Eyeconic is the only in-network site for buying eyewear with VSP & MetLife Insurance. Shop with your insurance benefits applied.
Do You Need a Prescription to Order Contacts from Eyeconic?
Yes, you do need a valid and current prescription to be able to order your contact lenses through Eyeconic’s website. However, if you do not have a current prescription, since this website is run by VSP, they have a network of 34,000 doctors that you can search and find the one closest to you so you can go get your eye exam done.
Is it Safe to Use Your VSP Benefits Online?
With anything online, it is definitely good to be more on the cautious side since there are plenty of scammers and identity theives on the internet. So the concern of if it is safe to use your VSP benefits on the internet is a valid concern.
However, considering that this is VSP’s official online eyewear website I think it is relatively safe to use your VSP benefits online. The good thing about VSP also is that they only use the last 4 numbers on your social security number to look you up, so you don’t have to worry about having to enter in your entire social security number.
For the people that are still skeptical about using your VSP benefits online, consider this, when you go to your local optometrist office or big box retailer and give them your VSP benefits information, most of the time the optician that is helping you is either going to 1.Call VSP to get your benefit information, or 2. Use a computer and the internet to look up your plan benefits. Therefore, either way, your information is going to be looked up through a computer anyways. Why not do it from the comfort of your home right?
Tips to Save Money on Contact Lenses
When I have talked to my patients in the past the biggest concern when it comes to contact lens is always cost. It is a valid concern, after all when you purchase a pair of glasses it is a one time purchase and you have that pair of glasses until they break. With contacts depending on which brand your doctor prescribes you could run anywhere from $200-$500 every year. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you are purchasing your contact lenses to save you the most money.
- Look for Promotions – Keep an eye out for promotions, promotions tend to change every month or so, keep an eye out around times such as back to school to find promotions.
- Buy in Bulk – Generally the larger quantity of contact lenses you buy the less expensive they get. If you have the budget to purchase an entire annual supply at once, you might be able to save some money.
- Look for Rebates – Manufacturers often times run mail-in rebates where you can get money back if you purchase a certain amount of contacts. Generally, these are able to be combined with the buying in bulk rebates you get from your retailer as well. There is an opportunity for double the savings if you keep an eye out often.
- Don’t Wait Until Your Out – Waiting until you are out of contacts and having to overnight contact lenses is a huge expense that is very unnecessary. Always have a backup pair of glasses, or order before you run out so you don’t have to pay the extra shipping cost of expedited shipping.
- Understand your Insurance – Understanding how often you get your contact lenses to benefit is key to being able to maximize your benefits. Throughout the years of working, I see countless people waiting for 2 even 3 years between using their vision insurance benefits. Which is a huge waste as most insurance plans renew every year for contact lens benefits, therefore you can get that savings annually.
As time goes on by the extra convenience that the internet that brought continues to get better. In the last couple years so many new things have developed from getting food and groceries delivered to your home, and now you are able to order your contacts online with VSP insurance through Eyeconic.
Ready to use your insurance benefits? Click Here Save up to $220 when you use your vision benefits on Eyeconic! FREE shipping & Returns, Price Match Guarantee!
Thank you all for stopping by at Eye Health Headquarters, if you have any comments, or questions, don’t hesitate to leave them below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
RELATED ARTICLES FROM EYE HEALTH HQ:
- Best Place to Buy Contact Lenses Online
- Order Contacts Online At Walmart
- Cosmetic Halloween Contact Lenses