Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases.
When you are purchasing prescription contact lenses on the internet there are a few things you should consider and the cost of shipping is a main factor.
You see it truly is pointless if you are purchasing contact lenses from a retailer with amazing prices for their contact lenses but then have to pay a higher cost for shipping. Of course, emergencies do happen and at times you may have to overnight some contact lenses but that should definitely not be a normal occurrence.
Free Shipping For Contact Lenses
While it may be easier to just go to your local retailer to make your contact lens purchase, in today’s day and age with the internet there are more affordable ways to get your contact lenses. There are concerns among many people that turn to the internet to purchase their contact lenses that the shipping cost would make the savings pointless. Which is why I have gathered some of the top online retailers out there that offer free shipping for contact lenses. In particular, I was looking for retailers that offered true free shipping, not free shipping over $49, not free shipping over $99, FREE shipping, check them out below.
Eyeconic eyewear is the online retailer that is owned and operated by vision insurance company VSP Global. Eyeconic not only offers free shipping but the free shipping that they offer is expedited 2-day shipping. This is great for anyone that needs their contact lenses quick but do not want to have to pay for a fast shipping service.
One of the best thing about Eyeconic is the ability for you to apply your vision insurance benefits directly to your order if you have VSP, Metlife, or Cigna Vision for your vision insurance. They also offer a price match guarantee for their contact lenses and will refund you the difference up to 30 days after your purchase.
Use this link to get 15% off in addition to your FREE shipping: 15% Off Conact Lenses at Eyeconic.com! Click Here and Use code CONTACTDEAL15 at checkout
Eyeconic currently only ships to the U.S.
America’s largest drug chain store not only sells contact lenses, but they also offer free shipping on those contact lenses. They currently primarily sell contact lenses online as most of their retail locations do not offer optometry services.
Walgreens does not offer a price match guarantee on their contact lenses, however, their return policy is what makes them stand out from the rest of the other online retailers. You are able to return any unopened, undamaged, and unexpired boxes of contact lenses at ANY time. That is a great way to exchange any unused contact lenses if your prescription happens to change and you still have extra boxes.
Use this link to get 20% off your contact lens order in addition to your FREE shipping: CLICK HERE and use code: DEAL20 to save 20%
Walgreens currently only ships to the U.S.
I did a review not too long ago on GlassesUSA and completely missed the fact that they offered prescription contact lenses as well, and offers free shipping. The goes along with their amazing home try-on program in which you can try on frames at home WITH your prescription for 14-days before paying a penny.
GlassesUSA does offer a price match guarantee and you can contact their customer service department within 7 days of your purchase and they will price match your order for you.
Use this link to get 20% off your contact lens order in addition to your FREE shipping: CLICK HERE to get your code
Free shipping is only available to the U.S. and Canada.
While SmartBuyGlasses is generally known for offering amazing prices on designer eyewear, and an amazing warranty for their glasses. They recently started offering prescription contact lenses as well, and like the rest of the retailers on this list, they offer free shipping on those contact lenses.
SmartBuyGlasses does offer a price match guarantee that you can request within 14 days of your purchase date.
SmartBuyGlasses services customers worldwide. I am not 100% sure if the free shipping applies to international orders, but the language on their website does imply you get free shipping.
EZContacts is another U.S. based online retailer that offers great prices on prescription eyewear as well as their prescription contact lenses. I am not sure how long this will last, but currently, they are offering free shipping on orders from their website with no order minimum.
One of the things that separates EZContacts from the other online retailers is the price match guarantee. They offer to price match any other authorized retailers that os offering a lower price, but not only that, they also offer to beat their competitor’s price by 5%. You do only have 3 days from the day of your purchase to put in your request for a price match.
Take an additional 5% off your order along with the free shipping: CLICK HERE and use code: EXTRA5 to save an additional 5%
Free shippping is valid only within the U.S.
Walmart is another online retailer that offers free shipping on all of their contact lens orders. There truly is no need to introduce Walmart, they are a global company with a reputation for being competitive when it comes to pricing.
If you are already a customer of your local Walmart Vision Center you can easily make your purchase for your contact lenses through Walmartcontacts.com and they will be able to verify your prescription through your local Walmart. They also offer a price match guarantee that you must request within 7 days of your order date.
Free shipping is only valid within the U.S.
This is probably one of the most well know online contact lens retailers out on the market today. They offer free standard shipping on all of their orders with no order minimum.
The reason why 1800Contacts landed so low on this list is due to the fact that their prices are on the higher end when compared to other online retailers. They do offer a price match guarantee, and like EZContacts they offer an additional percentage off above the price match. Compared to EZContact’s price match policy, 1800Contacts only beats their competitor’s prices by 2%. All claims have to be made within 7 days of your purchase date.
If you have never shopped at 1800Contacts before, you can get an additional 15% off on top of your free shipping: Visit 1800Contacts Here
Free shipping is valid to the U.S. and Canada only.
Tips to save money on contact lenses
In today’s digital age there are truly no shortages of ways for you to save money on your contact lenses. There should be no reason for you to pay high marked-up prices for contact lenses, even if you have your trusted local optical shop you always go to it doesn’t hurt to ask for deals. Here are some tips you can use to help you save the most money on your contact lenses.
- Shop Around – My number one tip with it comes to purchasing your prescription contact lenses is shop around, whether you are looking around at local shops or online it is always good to at least check more than one place. Most places all carry the same brand of contacts, sourced from the same manufacturer, and just marked up to various prices. Look for the best one.
- Coupon Codes & Promotions – This is always a great one to be able to save money. Just like how I listed with some of the retailers above, there are some that offer coupon codes to give you discounts on top of already great prices. I would take advantage of those when you can because sometimes they don’t come around often.
- Buy in Bulk – Just as with most things if you buy in bulk you generally get a better deal. Contact lenses are no different, there are many retailers that offer additional discounts whenever you purchase 6-months or an annual supply of contact lenses. Best thing of all is many times those coupon codes work on top of the bulk purchase discount. That’s a win-win.
- Rebates – Rebates are a great way to get some additional money back on your contact lenses. Depending on where you are getting your contacts from the rebate could come from a number of sources. Sometimes retailers run rebates, other times it comes from the manufacturer, or for first-time wearers. If your doctor just recommended a brand new lens, many times manufacturers will run rebates when new lenses launch to draw more interest.
- Price Match – This doesn’t necessarily only go for online retailers that offer price matching. If you prefer to purchase your eyewear at your local doctor’s office, don’t be afraid to ask if they would price match an authorized retailer you found online.
- Changing Brands – This should always be used as a last resort option as it could cause more hassle than good. At times this option might not even be an option and the contact lens brand that your doctor has prescribed you may be the only brand you could wear. Nevertheless, if you feel like the brand you are wearing might be a tad bit to expensive, you can always ask your prescribing doctor’s office to see if there may be another option for you.
Contact lenses can be expensive, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find great deals or free shipping to help you save money. All it takes is a bit shopping around. Don’t forget that these are all reputable and authorized online retailers and they will require you to have a valid prescription.
As always thank you all for stopping by Eye Health HQ, if you enjoyed the article don’t forget you can support us by sharing through your favorite social media channels. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to heave them below.
RELATED ARTICLES FROM EYE HEALTH HQ:
- Order Contacts Online at Walmart
- Order Contacts at Walgreens
- Order Contacts Online with VSP Insurance
- Cosmetic Halloween Contact Lenses
Follow Eye Health HQ on Social Media