Bear in mind that some of the links on this website are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase we will earn a commission at no extra cost to you but helps support our website. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases.
This post was most recently updated on July 27th, 2020
Have you ever gone into your local store to look for some over-the-counter reading glasses but never found a pair with a strength that is high enough for you to use?
Don’t worry you aren’t alone, one of the most common questions that customers always asked when I used to work in a retail store was “Do you guys carry anything higher than +2.75?”, but of course like many places that carry reading glasses the highest we carried was +2.75.
Fortunately, with the internet, you can find high strength reading glasses. Where? At Readers.com you can find over-the-counter reading glasses that go as high as +7.00!
Where to buy high strength reading glasses
Readers.com was founded in 2006 by Randy and Angie Stocklin in Greenwood, Indiana. What started as a home business selling eyewear online. they have since grown to be a company that carries over 600 unique styles of readers with up to 14 different power options. The best thing about it is that they carry those powers that you have a hard time finding at your local stores.
If you are looking for reading glasses there is no other place that can give you the same kind of selection that Readers.com can give you. Not only will you find high strength reading glasses, but Readers.com offers a comprehensive collection of various types of readers. Those various types of readers include:
- Fully Magnified Readers – These are the glasses you came here to find, they have hundreds of different styles in all kinds of shapes, colors, and sizes. You can find the fully magnified reading glasses as low as +0.25 and all the way up to +7.00.
- Computer Readers – These glasses come with a slight tint and an anti-reflective coating to help reduce digital eye strain for those who spend extended periods of time in front of a computer. Computer glasses are available in multifocal, fully magnified and unmagnified. Power ranges for computer glasses include +1.00 to +4.00.
- Sunglass Readers – Enjoy sitting outside in the sun and reading? Readers.com has got you covered there too with a wide selection of reading sunglasses for you to pick from. You can get them fully magnified or in a bifocal. Power ranges for reading sunglasses include +0.50 to +4.00.
- Customizable Readers – Do you ever feel like the reading power you need for one eye isn’t the same as your other eye? There is a chance that you may require two different reading powers for each eye. Readers.com offers a selection of readers in which you can customize the power in each lens. Power ranges for customized lenses include +0.00 to +4.00.
- Bifocal Readers – These are for those of you who do not like to either take your reading glasses off or look over them to see far. Bifocal reading glasses give you the ability to be able to still be able to see far while still being able to look down to read. Power ranges for the bifocal reading glasses include +1.00 to +4.00.
- Multifocal Readers – These are also for those of you who want to be able to wear your glasses all the time without having to remove them to see far. The major difference between getting a multifocal reader vs a bifocal reader is the fact that the multifocal reader also includes a computer range right above your reading power. Power ranges for the multifocal readers include +1.00 to +3.50.
With all of these various types of readers, you will find a range of different frame styles to suit any taste, these include full frame, half frame, semi-rimless, rimless, foldable, and safety readers.
Readers.com Shipping Cost & Time
Readers.com understands that you need your reading glasses and you need them fast, therefore if you get your order in before 2:00 pm EST on a business day your order will ship out of their warehouse the same day.
You can get standard shipping for $3.95 or for FREE if your order is over $30 after any coupons or discounts are applied but before taxes. Standard shipping takes 3-5 business days to arrive.
If you need your readers quicker, priority mail is available for $7.95 and arrives in 2-3 business days. Express and Next Day Air is also available, and cost varies depending on your location.
If you happen to live near Greenwood, Indiana you can choose to pick up your readers directly from their location for free.
International shipping is available and varies by location and weight.
Readers.com Return Policy & Warranty
Readers.com takes pride in providing top-notch customer service to each and every one of their customers, which is why they offer a 90-day Happiness Guarantee. With their Happiness Guarantee, you may return your readers to them in their original condition within 90 days of the purchase date for a full refund or exchange (not including shipping).
Readers.com Coupon Codes
Who doesn’t like coupon codes right? For Readers.com we have a couple very limited but amazing coupon codes available right now. Remember to pay attention to the dates as some of these are one-day sales.
15% OFF SITEWIDE: Click Here and use code: SAVE15 ***ANYTIME***
If you are looking for those high strength reading glasses look no more and check out the huge selection at Readers.com. With their wide range of powers, and huge selection you are sure to find a pair of reading glasses that will check off everything you need from the fit, style, and most importantly the right strength.
What are you waiting for? Check out Readers.com today!
Do you have a favorite place to purchase high strength reading glasses? I would love to hear from you! Drop a comment below! As always thank you for stopping by Eye Health HQ, and if you found my article helpful or enjoyed reading it, please support us by sharing the article through your favorite social media channels with the buttons located above and below the article.