Clariti 1-Day contact lenses are a daily contact lens made by CooperVision and uses the AquaGen technology that ensures continuous wettability. The lenses feature a high 56% water content to help support superior clarity and all-day comfort for the wearer.
The AquaGen technology creates a contact lens that naturally attracts and binds water molecules to the surface of the lens, which means that your eyes will be able to stay moist and comfortable throughout the entire day. So, How much would it cost you to wear these contact lenses a year? Take a look at the chart below that shows how much it would cost to wear Clariti 1-Day contact lenses based off of the price for them at our local Walmart Vision Center and all three are 90pk boxes.
As you can see if you wear Clariti 1-Day contact lenses it would cost you anywhere between $500 to $750, which is actually more towards the low end for daily contact lenses, especially for toric and multifocal contacts. But, as always we are always looking for money-saving opportunities when it comes to contact lenses, so we took a look at over a dozen authorized online contact lens retailers to help you find out where you can get the best bang for your buck on your Clariti 1-day contact lenses.
1. EZContacts | Best for Clariti 1-day
The Clariti 1-day is the only one that you can find for a saving out of the three that we took a look at, The best price can be found over New York-based company EZContacts. Their website has not only contact lenses but they also carry designer prescription eyewear as well. They also have one of the best, if not the best price match guarantee on contact lenses. They will not only price match, but they will beat any competitor’s price by 5%.
EZContacts had the cheapest price for Clariti 1-day contact lenses at $54.95 a box, beating out Walmart’s price of $65 by over $10!
2. WalmartContacts | Best for Clariti 1-day Toric, and Clariti 1-day Multifocal
Walmart is surprisingly the best place for you to find Clariti 1-day Toric, as well as the Clariti 1-day Multifocals. Not only do they have the lowest price, but they also have instant rebates where you can get $12.50 off of each box if you buy a minimum of a 6-months supply. All shipping for contact lenses within the United States is free through WalmartContacts.com. Alternatively, you would be able to visit your local Walmart Vision Center and get the same price as well.
Walmart had the cheapest price for Clariti 1-Day Toric contact lenses at $75 a box, and Clariti 1-day multifocal at $85 a box.
Most Expensive Place to Buy Clariti 1-day Contact Lenses
- Walgreens – Walgreens ended up having the most expensive price for the Clariti 1-day contact lenses. Although they might have the most expensive price, Walgreens often runs promotions, just like the current 20% off promotion currently running at the time this article was written. Promotions such as those will often time bring down the price per box substantially. For example, their price for the Clariti 1-day Multifocal cost $96.99 but after 20% off it becomes $77.50. Pair that up with their free standard shipping and you’ve got your self a pretty decent deal. Find out how to get 20% off at Walgreens Here.
- Eyeconic – Eyeconic most of the time have prices on the higher end but the one great thing about Eyeconic is that if you have VSP, MetLife, or Cigna Vision you are able to apply your vision benefits directly to your order on their website. This would help you save you from spending too much money out of pocket and Eyeconic does have a price match guarantee so you would be able to get your contact lenses price matched with authorized retailers. Learn more about using your insurance benefits to buy your contacts online here.
Benefits of Using Daily Disposable Contacts
Even though using daily disposable contact lenses can be quite costly in the long run, it can have many benefits over using biweekly or monthly contact lenses when it comes to health and convenience. Let’s dive in and take a look at all the benefits of wearing daily disposable contacts.
- New Lens Everyday – One of the major benefits of using a daily disposable contact lens is your ability to be able to put in a fresh new lens every single day. If you already wear contact lenses you would understand how great of a feeling it is when you get to put a new fresh one in. When you are using daily contacts you are able to do that every single day.
- Less Chance of a Solution-related Problem – One problem that comes up from time to time are solution-related problems. Often times this is from using the incorrect solution for the type of contact lenses or an allergic reaction. Using daily disposable contact lenses reduces that problem as you do not need to use contact lens solution very often if ever.
- Convenience – This is a big factor when it comes to daily disposable contact lenses. The convenience of not having to worry about a storage case, running out of contact lens solution, or how many days you have worn the contact lenses already, you just wear them for one day and throw them out.
- Great for Teenagers – Parents that have teenagers that wear contact lenses would definitely benefit from using daily disposable contact lenses. Teenagers have a higher tendency to not follow proper care and handling practices which could lead to serious eye infections. Using daily disposable contacts would reduce the chances of any serious eye infections.
- Healthier – Whenever you use contact lenses, there is a chance that protein, calcium, and lipids could build upon the contact lenses. These are naturally found in your tears, but build up on your contact lenses could lead to the development of an eye infection. Since with daily disposable contact lenses you change them out every single day, there is no chance there would be build up on your lenses.
- Comfort – Daily disposable contact lenses have a tendency to be more comfortable as they are generally designed thinner than bi-weekly and monthly contact lenses.
Tips for Keeping Your Eyes Healthy While Wearing Contact Lenses
Wearing contact lenses is generally safe, but the ability to be able to wear contact lenses should not be taken for granted. Not following proper handling and care for your contact lenses could lead to very serious eye infections, and in some cases blindness. Here are some tips to follow to help reduce any risk there may be from wearing contact lenses.
- Always Wash Hands – Remember to always wash your hands anytime you are planning to handle your contact lenses. Any contaminants that are on your hands can easily be transferred over onto and be trapped on your contact lenses potentially leading to a serious eye infection.
- Avoid Overnight Wear – Avoid wearing your contact lenses overnight, especially if you haven’t asked your eye doctor about it. If you were interested in wearing your contact lenses overnight be sure to inquire with your eye doctor ahead of time. Your eye doctor will be the only one that can prescribe you a contact lens brand that is approved for overnight wear, as well as let you know if your eyes are healthy enough to wear contact lenses overnight.
- Reduce Wearing Time – The least amount of time you wear your contact lenses the better it is for your eyes. Always try to take your contact lenses off whenever possible to give your eyes a break. Always have a backup pair of glasses that you are able to use around the house, that way you do not need to wear your contact lenses from the time you wake up in the morning all the way to the time that you go to bed.
- Avoid Using Around Chemicals – If you are working around, or using chemicals it is best to not use contact lenses. Chemicals can easily be trapped between your contact lenses and your eyes causing serious damage. If you must use your contact lenses with chemicals, there are specialized goggles designed to protect contact lens wearers from chemicals. Even then, OSH (Occupational Health & Safety) states that there are some types of work where contact lenses should not be used at all.
- Use Correct Solution – If you need to use contact lens solution to rewet your contact lenses or any other reason, always used a contact lens solution that is approved for your type of contact lenses. Never use tap water, or saliva to clean or wet your contact lenses. Tap water and saliva contain a lot of bacteria which could be trapped in your contact lenses and lead to a serious eye infection.
- Never Wear Expired Contacts – If you find old contact lenses that are already expired, dispose of them. The solution that contact lenses are stored in may have an unstable PH and lead to serious eye complications as severe as blindness.
- Don’t Swim With Them – Going swimming, or jumping in your jacuzzi at home with your contact lenses on is never a good idea. Water contains bacteria that can be easily trapped in your contact lenses and lead to very serious eye complications.
- Get Help When Needed – If you feel anything strange with your eyes, redness, discomfort, sensitive to light, or any changes to your vision, stop using your contact lenses and contact your eye doctor as soon as possible.
How to Save Money on Your Contacts
Wearing prescription contact lenses can be quite costly, so finding ways to save as much money as possible should always be on top of your mind. Before you make your final decision on where to purchase your contact lenses, keep these tips in mind to maximize your savings.
- Shop Around – Always shop around when you are looking for your contact lenses. While it might be convenient to continuously purchase your contact lenses from one place, you might be missing out on some deals if you are not shopping around. Many retailers run promotions from time to time, and if you are not looking you are sure to miss out.
- Buying in Bulk – Many retailers online and locally offer instant savings when you buy in bulk. Depending on which brand contact lenses you are wearing, this could be a big money saver.
- Vision Insurance – If you have vision insurance, it is worth checking to see if you have a benefit that could be applied. Using your vision insurance would help save you from having to put too much money out of pocket up front. If the retailer you are purchasing your contact lenses from does not accept insurance, you are always able to request an invoice that you are able to submit to your insurance provider.
- FSA/HSA Cards – FSA and HSA cards are a great way to save money. These health savings accounts having money that you have already put away specifically for purchases such as your prescription eyewear. If you have a health savings card that is affiliated with Visa or MasterCard, many online retailers will let you use those cards to purchase your contact lenses just as you would any other credit card. If it is close to the end of the year and you have extra money to spend on these accounts, stocking up on contact lenses ie never a bad idea.
- Manufacturer Rebates – Manufacturers at times offer mail-in rebates on some of their contact lenses. Check with the manufacturer of your contact lenses to see if there are any current mail-in rebates available for your brand of contacts. This is an easy way to get money back on your contact lenses.
- Don’t Order Last Minute – Ordering contact lenses in a rush because you ran out of contacts is an unnecessary expense. Always keep an eye out on how many contact lenses you have left so you can order before you run out and give it enough time to get shipped to you.
For the Clariti 1-day contact lenses there aren’t too many options online to save money. It appears as though the best way to save money is to buy a 6-months or annual supply of Clariti, but if that is not something that fits your budget at the moment EZContacts and WalmartContacts.com have them for the best price you can find. If you are interested in wearing Clariti 1-day contact lenses, be sure to check with your eye doctor to see if you are able to wear them. Before we leave if you still need to know more about Clariti 1-day contact lenses check out this video from CooperVision.
Where do you buy your Clariti 1-day contact lenses? Is it less expensive than the places we mentioned above? Let us know below! If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to ask them and we will get back to you as soon as we can.